I AM THE RAIN QUEEN
SEATTLE-NYC Storms swirl and bash the East Coast, delaying flights. My plush eight-hour layover devolved into a 75-minute sprint-transfer (domestic to international). With any luck, I'll surface in Venice.
La Serenissima simmers at 70 degrees. But not for long, if recent assignments are any measure:
- Unseasonable downpour in South Africa
- Hail in Taos, New Mexico. In June
- Flooding in the Balkans
- Ice delays en route to Colombia
- Storm of the decade in Tofino, Canada
- Freak freeze in Phoenix, Arizona
My bad-weather mojo will make quick work of the glorious Adriatic sunshine, I'm quite sure.